Penalty Stroke in Hockey:
In the following cases, the attacking team is given a pellet stroke against the defensive team.
- When a defender intentionally commits a foul inside the shooting circle that misses the chance to score Or the player loses possession of the ball.
- In the shooting circle, the defender will inadvertently make a mistake that will not result in the expected goal.
- During a panty corner, if a defensive player crosses the back line repeatedly before the ball is played.
Procedure Of Penalty Stroke
- The clock stops when given an anti-stroke.
- After the penalty stroke is played, the clock starts ticking again when the empire blows the whistle to launch the game.
- For the stroke, all the players except the goalkeeper of the defending team and the striker of the attacking team will be standing across the 2290 meter mark.
- The defensive goalkeeper will wear his protective equipment during the stroke.
- The defensive goalkeeper will stand still with both feet on the goal line.
- In this way, the player who takes the stroke will also be in a state of stillness before playing the stroke.
- The player making the stroke will make the stroke when the empire does not play the whistle.
- The player can take a step forward to open the mushrik, but the hind foot should not go beyond the other foot.
- The striker can’t stop the goalkeeper with any of his actions.
- The player can move the ball forward with a penalty stroke. (Amended Law).
- Penalty stroke ball can rise to any height.
Also Read: Hockey History and Rules
Ending of Penalty Stroke
In the following cases, The Penalty stroke will be ended.
- When rounded or awarded.
- When the ball is in the circle.
- The goalkeeper snatches the ball or hangs in its protective equipment.
- The Penalty Stroke Maker may make a mistake that may result in a score not being counted.
- Get the ball out of the back line or over the posts.
Resumption of Play after Penalty Stroke:
- If a goal is scored, the game will start from the center pass. If players from both teams commit a foul at the same time, the stroke will be repeated.
- If a player on the attacking team makes a mistake, the stroke will not be played again. If a goal is scored, it will be considered.
- If the defensive team makes a mistake, the goal is awarded.
- If the attacker made a mistake and the goal was not scored, the defense team would hit 14.63 meters from the middle of their goal line.
Writing Notes on Personal Punishments in the game
Answer: Depending on the nature of the offense, the umpire may impose the following penalties on a player for deliberately injuring someone, engaging in a fight, playing a dangerous game or violating the law.
- Verbally alert the player to any small and minor mistake.
- Warn the player against any illegal action. Show Sabner Card Green Card.
- Suspending the player for at least 5 minutes from the game in addition to warning. Yellow card for this purpose Yellow Card is displayed.
- A red card is shown to suspend a player for the remainder of the game due to a serious error. The temporarily suspended player will remain at his / her designated place until the umpire signals him / her to join the game.
- In the event of a temporary suspension or permanent suspension, the team will play less than one player.
- In case of permanent suspension, the player concerned is not allowed to remain in the premises of the game.